These Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites are ideal for an easy appetizer, quick dinner or tasty addition to your next party. The sweet and savory dish is seasoned with rich, flavorful spices, rolled in brown sugar and baked to perfection.
This ridiculously delicious recipe packs a punch with the sweet, salty, and spicy flavors. In fact, these Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites are so yummy, you’ll have to force yourself to share!
Crispy bacon (B-A-C-O-N you guys – already a win!), juicy chicken breasts and sweet sugary flavors wrapped into bite-sized goodness that will make this a family favorite dish.
This super easy recipe has a very short and simple ingredients list. Chances are you may already have everything you need for this dish. Scroll down for the full recipe and ingredient amounts.
For this recipe, you will need the following:
- Chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Bacon (I love the taste of applewood smoked thick bacon, that’s just me!)
- Brown sugar (go with dark brown sugar if you like an extra molasses-y punch)
- Chili powder
- Cajun spice
- Parsley (for garnish, it’s totally optional)
I’ve shared with you that we are a hot mess food family – three people in this house on three different eating plans and two of us are super picky all while living with life-threatening food allergies.
But two of our favorite foods include chicken and bacon. I never thought to combine the two – just in case you forgot, I’m one of the two picky eaters (and I generally don’t like my food to touch or “merge” together. I know – it’s a wonder our family gets dinner invites to anyone’s home).
The combo of chicken and bacon with the sweetness from the brown sugar is nicely balanced with the flavor from the chili powder and cajun spice.
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
Prep the oven and baking sheet, and preheat the oven to 350°F.
Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with PAM. You will be glad you did this when clean-up time rolls around!
In a small bowl, add the chili powder, cumin, and cajun spice, and stir to combine.
Add your brown sugar to the spice bowl, and stir to combine.
Prepare your chicken by trimming them into about 1-inch bite-sized pieces.
Cut the bacon in half and roll 1 piece around the chicken piece and secure it with a toothpick (but make sure your bacon is long enough to wrap around the chicken).
Roll the chicken bacon wrapped bite piece in the brown sugar mixture and line them up on your baking sheet. (There’s never too much of a coating!)
Bake for 35 minutes, or until the bacon is nice and crispy. Garnish with parsley (optional) and enjoy!
Tips For Making the Best Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
I used toothpicks just to be extra sure, but you really don’t need them for this recipe. Place the chicken bites on the baking sheet with the bacon seam facing down, you will ensure it doesn’t curl up and come off during the baking process.
I also suggest you cut the bacon because if the pieces are too large and overlaps a few layers, the inner part of the bacon won’t be as crispy and done as the outside.
Broil the bites for the last few minutes of cooking if you want them a little more browned.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- 1 ¼ lbs chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 ½ lbs bacon
- ⅔ cups brown sugar
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp cajun spice
- 1 tbsp parsley for garnish (optional)
- Prep the oven and baking sheet, and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with PAM.
- In a small bowl, add the chili powder, cumin, and cajun spice, and stir to combine.
- Add your brown sugar to the spice bowl, and stir to combine.
- Prepare your chicken by trimming them into about 1-inch bite-sized pieces.
- Cut the bacon in half and roll 1 piece around the chicken piece and secure it with a toothpick.
- Roll the chicken bacon wrapped bite piece in the brown sugar mixture and line them up on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the bacon is nice and crispy.
- Garnish with parsley (optional) and enjoy!
How to Store Bacon Wrapped Chicken
These Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites will last about 3-4 days stored in an airtight container or freezer bag in the fridge. Reheat the pieces in the oven at 350°F for about 15 minutes, or until heated through.
You can also prepare this dish ahead of time, and store them in the freezer to enjoy in the future. Remove the Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites from the freezer and bake them at 350-375°F for 45 minutes, or until heated through.
If they are pre-cooked, you can heat them up for 20-30 minutes.
I would love to hear about your favorite peanut allergy-safe and nut-free recipes. Feel free to comment below or connect with me on my Facebook page.